Thursday, August 06, 2009

OK...Who Stopped the Clock???

How did it happen? For the most part I've handled this wait fairly well but I tell you...this month of anticipation is d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g by!!! I've waited over 40 months for Hannah's referral but suddenly time seems to be standing still and I don't see it getting much better for the next couple of weeks. Oh no!!!

I have a lot to do to keep me busy and have been enjoying doing some things around the house to prepare for Hannah but time itself seems to have stopped. Each morning I wake up and update the picture in the sidebar counting down the days until her referral might arrive and the numbers are getting smaller but two weeks right now seems like an eternity away!!

I'm happy, upbeat and enjoying this time...I'm just ready to see my sweet baby's face and learn about the daughter that I already love so much!!

Family and friends are helping me anticipate this amazing day by being humblingly (yah...that's a word I made up Sharon!) generous. Over the next 2 weeks my sweet baby girl will be blessed by family and friends as there are 3 different showers planned to welcome her! Wow!!! After years of attending showers as a guest it's overwhelming to think that the person the showers are for is my precious daughter and myself. wow.....

So, as these final days as 'Cathy/Catherine' slip by and I excitedly anticipate taking on my new title as 'Mom' I'll continue to love my baby girl, pray for her and trust God for His perfect time to bring us together. You have to know though that my prayers do include a little whining about a quick referral batch! ;o)

For now, these 2 jars on my desk continue to be a visual encouragement of how far I've come and how ohsoclose I am!!



ONE!!!!!

18 comments:

  1. Hey Catherine

    I can completely appreciate the slow movement of this month. While you wait to see Hannah's picture, we wait for a travel date... the "whining" prayer is completely acceptable and I am sure that He understands. I am so excited to see little Hannah's picture and then to finally meet her. What an airport greeting she will receive!

    Hang in there!

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many people waiting with anticipation with you...to finally see your little girl's face. It is definitely going to be a happy day in blog land when it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling that the heavens will EXPLODE with happiness on the day we all get to see Hannah's face for the very first time. You are already a mom, Catherine and she is waiting for you on the other side of the world.
    I can't wait to celebrate YOU in the next few weeks. You deserve every last piece of happiness you get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! Days seem to drrrrrag! I hope it is sooner then the 21st though.

    You deserve every single special shower moment!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wishing this month was over for you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are all waiting with ya girly..
    I can't wait to see all the fun you have at all these showers.. You sooo deserve them..
    Bring on the babies..
    Hugs..
    Hannah is coming soon...get your stuff done...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last haul to the finish line is always the hardest!!!!

    I know we will all be shedding tears of joy when Hannah's face is finally revealed. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got goose bumps reading that!!

    I am beyond excited for you and I know there are HUNDREDS of people who are rooting for you too.

    I know the month is dragging for me, so I can't imagine what you must be feeling.

    Lots of showers will occupy your time.

    C'mon Referrals - Catherine has waited long enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember going crazy the last few weeks before referral. I thought I would go insane! LOL!

    Try to hang in there. I know it is so HARD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your showers!!! Miss Hannah will truly be outfitted in style. Maybe writing all those thank-yous will make the time go a wee bit faster.
    Maybe.
    So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Use this time to get those little projects done around the house. It is much harder with a little one around! Can't wait to see your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. tick tock...tick tock...

    I am not the one expecting a referral, and I am totally watching the calender, waiting to hear the great news!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopefully time will move a little quicker for you. Just wait until you do get her picture and have to wait to travel. That can last a lifetime. Now you have a face to look at and want to get there.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tick tock is right!!! Oh my! Mike and I are so anxious to see the smile on your face with you holding Hannah's referral picture!! SO SOON my friend! Keeping you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait - if I feel this way I can't begin to imagine what you muct feel like.

    LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The last weeks, when you know that sweet baby's photo is on the way, are nothing short of torture. I'm thinking about you and obsessing over the Rumour Queen right along with you. Can't wait to celebrate with you at dinner in September.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep I am sure time feels like it is dragging, I was thinking about the date today and wondering when the next referrals will arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just found your blog and would love to follow along, if that is ok! Hang in there!! Waiting is sooo hard!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...