Monday, August 03, 2009

Maria's Big House of Hope

Maria Sue Chapman was the precious daughter of Steven and Mary Beth Chapman who sadly lost her life in a tragic accident in May of 2008. At that time people shared financially and some of the donated funds have been used to create a wonderful new facility in Luoyang, China! Maria's Big House of Hope is a 6 story building that is equipped with everything that will be needed to to care for orphans with special needs. Every child in the facility will be 5 years or younger and will represent some of the neediest orphans in China.

Maria's Big House of Hope is a healing home dedicated to saving the lives of special needs orphans in China. Some minor surgeries will also be performed in Maria's House.

Stephen and Mary Beth, family and friends will be on the 700 Club on Tuesday, August 4th, sharing events of the grand opening of Maria's Big House of Hope. Click here to find a time when the show will air in your area. My PVR is set and ready to go!

Here's a short video of worship time when the Chapman family was at the orphanage. What a bright, fun, beautiful place for these precious children to live!!

Great Adventure from Austin Mann on Vimeo.



PS - Check out the new addition in my sidebar. A countdown to Hannah's Referral! Wheee!!!

9 comments:

  1. The power of love and dedication and determination!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog!!! You are getting sooo close. I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to see Ms. Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so amazing they are doing this! I think about them often and there loss...
    It was such a tragedy.. I don't usually watch the 700 club but I might have to make an exception for this.
    Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that the Chapman's had done this- it is amazing!

    Thank you for your kind comments on our blog. I worry all the time that I am scaring you to death, but my hope is always that there is someone out there who may gain something to help their own child. I get enough email feedback to make me believe that what I share is helping other families.

    Love
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got to thinking of you today as I got a news letter from Deborah and you are up next! so darn exciting.

    Lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This family is an amazing testimony of the healing power or our God. I love them dearly and pray for them often! I watched the special and they left me wanting more. What a beautiful way to honor Maria and God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catherine,
    I'm not sure why bloglines hasn't updated me on your blog for ages.
    I haven't heard of Maria's house and I am sitting here tonight crying. What a beautiful memorial for Maria and a blessing for the kids in China.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...