Monday, September 10, 2007

Good Times with Friends

Sunday morning the gang was together for our last day together for this trip. Kathy and Joel hosted us for a great brunch. For almost a year now Kathy has been trying to convince us that she doesn't cook. Well, that myth was broken as she and Joel created a great feast forMark and Michelle, Doris and Dan and myself. Other than 1 brief incident of the fire alarm going off (where Doris and I sprung into action and began feverishly fanning...the intercom!) all was well. Breakfast was a delicious spread of pastry wrapped brie and cranberries, muffin tops, toast and pancakes. I introduced them to one of my favourite combos and it quickly became a favourite of a few. I like peanutbutter and syrup on my pancakes. Yummy!!!

One thing that was quite funny was when Doris cooked some yummy Smores to add to the breakfast combo. Maybe not a 'normal' brunch addition but they were a wonderful addition!

Joel and Kathy were both quite surprised when the timer went off on the stove. Who knew the stove had a timer?

Here she displays her 'timer' that she normally uses.

All too soon it was time for Doris and Dan to begin their long drive home. Where had the weekend gone? We could have sat there for hours more just spending time together and enjoying one another's company. Adoption may have brought us together but it's our friendship is oh so much deeper than that now!

Love you guys! Looking forward to the next time we're together.

16 comments:

  1. That looks like SO much fun!

    And hey, we eat peanut butter and syrup together all the time!! Truly wise people do....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful & yummy time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you guys were able to get together again!
    I second the peanut butter and syrup thing...usually on toast but I'll have to try it with pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see your having fun with friends. Smores look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous.
    I'm jealous.

    But I'm glad you had fun.
    Sort of.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love brunch! And with wonderful people makes it a trillion times better!

    Can I ask a naive Australian question? What is a Smore?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had all had a lot of fun! I can't say that I've ever tried peanut butter and maple syrup together though...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thx for introducing us to the joys of PB and syrup...I am converted for life!

    Words are not enough to express how much joy we had spending time with everyone.

    Life is better because of you.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys absolutely looked like you had an amazing time. Nothing like smores for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a FANTASTIC weekend all around!!

    Go buy a lottery ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you guys are always having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like lots of good times and memories made for sure!!

    I am so jealous!!

    Smiles! :o)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...