Saturday, March 31, 2007

Waiting Mommies...Take 2!

Last night was another fun night out with some new friends. This is a group of single gals in the area that are adopting and we met for dinner for the first time. It was fun getting to know 'Mystery Mom #2' (who chooses to remain anonymous as her referral is still a year or two away and she hasn't told many people) and in the front row l to r are Liz and Cari! We had a great visit at the Mandarin and couldn't believe when 4 hours flew by with us barely moving...well...other than our jaws chatting and laughing!

It was a real treat meeting more new mommies who are also waiting. But, speaking of waiting, it won't be long now for Liz! She found out yesterday that she will be leaving in 2 short weeks to meet her precious Ava!!! What an exciting time that will be! Looking forward to following her journey to Ava online. As we chatted Liz talked about one of my concerns....how do we pack all the stuff we need to take and still somehow pack all we'll need for 1 week in 1 suitcase that weighs 44lbs. or less?? YIKES!!! When Sharon and I went to Vancouver in January I 'downsized' and my 1 week suitcase for lil' ole me weighed 55lbs! Oh man...I'm in so much trouble! :o) The flights to China aren't the problem as I can take 2 suitcases with a bigger weight limit but once in Beijing I'll board a domestic flight within China to spend a week in Hannah's home province and that's where the suitcase, carrying all I'll need, all Hannah will need (including clothing, diapers, food, medications, etc.) can weigh only 44 lbs. Hmmm...don't tell them yet but I'm sure I'll be begging space in Mom, Dad and Norma's suitcases! ;o)

Congratulations Liz! So excited for you! Also, thank you so much for the adorable ladybug bodysuit, squeezably soft panda and cute little piggy door handle cover!

It was great meeting you Liz, Cari and Mystery Mom 'R'! See you on May 12th at the next Waiting Mommies Dinner!

Note: If you're a waiting mommy in the area and want to join us on May 12th please know that the invitation to attend is open to you! Please email me and I'll put you in my email group to send you more details. So far we have over 20 people on the invite list and acceptances from people in both Canada and our US friends! Too cool! This little group is growing...growing!

12 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful that you have meet so many incredible people also going through the adoption process. What a great support for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy - you're quick!! It was great meeting you, and I'll be posting on my blog later today.
    Looking forward to our next Mommies Meeting on the 12th!

    cari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time. Don't stress yet about the packing thing - save that for after referral. I did the same thing you're going to do - used extra space in my mom's suitcase. There's a reason you bring people with you! :)

    k

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so wonderful, Catherine! I still cannot get over just how incredible our little adoption community is. How great that you and the other single mamas found one another for support. Have a great weekend, my friend! Good luck on that reno project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...I had a little sleep in this am...been a bit or an overwhelming, exciting week for me...but now I'll get to posting our get-together on my blog too!
    I had such a wonderful time meeting you and the other girls and look forward to our next dinner...if all goes well I'll be able to bring Ava along. I'm sure there will be lots of offers entertain her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful you are able to get together. I sure wish I lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good time...let me know if you're ever in Dallas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds (and looks!!) like a fun time together. What a great idea meeting every once in a while for support and to share stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so great! Love what Mystery mom did!

    Can't wait for the next dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why do you have to live so far away? :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. You get to do so many fun things!!! What a great way to help pass the time.....I cant wait to see who Mystery Mom is!!!
    I cannot wait for Liz to have beautiufl Ava in her arms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh and I too have been dreading the packing!!! I better start now, so maybe in a few months I will be ready!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...