Thursday, March 08, 2007

CELEBRATING!!! My Dossier is in the MATCHING ROOM!!!

What an exciting moment it was yesterday to wake up and see with my very own eyes that CCAA's website had been updated to read, 'The CCAA has finished the review of the adoption application documents registered with our office before March 31, 2006.' Yipeee!!! That's me!

The Review Room was (so nice to type that in past tense!) where CCAA went through each piece of my dossier with a fine-toothed comb, looking at every piece of paper and bit of information and ensuring themselves that I met all their requirements. Although I didn't anticipate any problems in the review room it was still a HUGE relief when I realized that this big step was behind my and my file had been moved into the Matching Room! Wow....My dossier is in the MATCHING ROOM!!!

The Matching Room (pic on the left) is where God will bring my dossier and Miss Hannah's file together. He will use a CCAA staff member to do this but I know that the match was created by God long ago and now is His perfect time He will merge our lives together. It will begin as 2 pictures being matched. Then 2 files being matched and a short time later 2 people will meet; forever to be Mother and Daughter! (Oooo...got goosebumps typing that!)

I anticipate the wait in the Matching Room to be about as long as the (almost) year I've been in the Review Room but surprises could happen and it could be sooner. As things are playing out now, I anticipate receiving Hannah's referral in January or February of 2008 and holding her in my arms for the very first time in March or April of 2008! My adoption journey is more than 26 months old now so 12 more doesn't seem too bad.

All in God's time. His perfect time! I'm willing to wait however long it is as He continues to lead each and every step of the way.

I want to say THANK YOU to all reading this who are supporting my adoption journey through your love, prayers, caring, questions and support. Each of you are very important and I am so thankful for each of you. Some family have known me since, well....before I was born. Other people have become friends with over years and still others are new friends who I've met through this amazing journey of International adoption. It's a long process but I wouldn't change one moment of it! I'm learning, growing, being stretched and more than anything, being reminded daily to trust God as He leads and directs each step.


'Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. '
Proverbs 3: 5, 6

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this huge milestone! Yeah for getting through with no questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that March was out of the review room the day before yesterday and INSTANTLY thought of you. I was going to e-mail you, but I wasn't sure if it was a rumor or not.

    How exciting! It is progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    What fantastic news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news.. I left you an earlier post...Another milestone to show you that you are more than half way through this wait for Miss Hannah...
    Mom to Catherinethegreat.. waiting as patiently as I can for my new daughter somewhere in China.
    November 2005 LID...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!...That is great news...one step closer to Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! It must be a HUGE relief to be out of the review room. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You are correct in knowing that God knows who your daughter is and He devinely uses the CCAA to match us with our children.
    God's Speed
    Daleea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!! That deserves flowers don't ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! This is a huge step - now you're in the "home stretch" of the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations my friend! It's time to party - come on down to California and we'll throw you a huge one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so exciting!! Congratulations on reaching this important step!!

    cari

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on making thru review!!! Next step a match, then off to pick up your sweetie pie!!!

    Hugs
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! Congrats on makin it out, unscathed!!! Its such a relief isn't it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY!!!Congratulations!!! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Catherine......you are that one important step closer to Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations...even though you didn't anticipate any problems, it's a huge step forward. One step closer to Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooooo thats great news!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! Can't wait til I'm out. What a relief for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! I hope it is only in there a short time :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That is SUCH good news! I will be sooooo relieved when we are out too!You're getting there.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What good news to come back to! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Celebrating with you, Catherine. We too have made it into the Matching Room on this go-around and are quite relieved. Who knows - we could end up running into each other - if we do, we're buying the stir-fry. Also, if you do the Disney World thing again, drop us an e-mail and we'll but the stir-fry in Orlando, just in case we don't bump into each other on the other side of the world.

    God Bless You, Catherine,
    Don & Be

    duoloco@cfl.rr.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...