Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!


This afternoon I received a short, beautiful note from my cousin Bridget. It made me cry. Then I called her and cried again!

Her note said, 'Hey Cath,

Just to let you know that our tradition carried on again this St. Patrick's Day. The kids and I picked out some flowers (including green carnations, of course!) and delivered them to Grandma and Grandpa's grave this afternoon. It was the first time the kids really understood why we did it and it was interesting to realize that this is the 10th anniersary of our tradition. Can you believe it? Where does the time go? Hopefully, time will seem to move just as quickly in your wait for Hannah. Can't wait until the day you and Hannah can join us in delivering the flowers. Have a great day!
Love,
Bridge :)'

OK, Is there any question why I cried? I love Bridget and her kids so much. She and I are the only girl cousins in a sea of boys and are amazingly close considering there is almost 10 years between us in age and we have never lived closer than 400kms from one another. We're just close because we're family and we make the time for one another when we are together.

Found out today that Bridget, her hubby and 5 great kids may be coming to stay with me Easter weekend. Yeah! It will be sleeping bags from one end of my house to the other...and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Love ya Bridge!! Hope to see you in a few weeks!

9 comments:

  1. What a special tradition.

    Happy St Patrick's Day!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too.
    That sounds like a lovely tradition...love the green carnations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great tradition...and that Easter weekend sounds like a great treat for all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. THat is soooo sweet! Makes ME want to cry! Love the flowers! Happy "Green" Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great tradition to have.

    I have a cousin like that too...

    What a great way to spend Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome. I know Hannah will be so blessed to have your family in her life too.

    k

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Saint Patricks Day!

    What a wonderful tradition. Love the green carnations!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful family tradition, and very loving note too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...