Saturday, March 17, 2007

Waiting Mommies Dinner #3

What fun! Last evening we enjoyed out bi-monthly Waiting Mommies Dinner. This time we went to the Lone Star. Yumm!

(It's tough finding places for larger groups that take reservations. Does anyone have suggestions for a place close to the 401 in west-end TO? Next time we're trying to head west but I'm not as familiar with places out there. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.)

Last night our fun group was our photographer 'D', and (back row l to r) Andrea, Michelle, Paula, myself, (front row):Jill, Kathy, and Laurie.

When we go out for these dinners we look (but don't always sound) like a quiet group of ladies enjoying a night out. Then the gift giving begins and oh what fun it is! Last night our waitress came to us and said, 'My manager just came to me and said, "Your group of ladies have a table full of gifts...all baby gifts!"' (Which I'm thinking must be a funny look as none of us 'look' pregnant!) She told us what her manager had said and we shared that we're all adopting from China. She was a young gal and thrilled! She came back after that and said we were the talk of the restaurant staff and they were excited to hear our news! Some even came up and congratulated us. I love the way so many people are excited about what we're doing. We sure are so it's fun when others are too!

I often think when making reservations for these dinners how fun it will be to say, 'A table for 16 please...8 adults and 8 highchairs!' Hmmm...wonder if the wait staff will be as excited to see us then when leave enough food to feed a small country on the floor around our table? ;o)

Once again Miss Hannah was spoiled by some precious friends last night. She has a cute little 'The princess sleeps here' hanger for her door (already hanging on her door) and princess picture frame from 'D'. Thanks also for the fabric 'd'! Andrea's treats were a receiving blanket, headband and adorable pink socks. Jill and I found these cute little ladybug chocolates...mmmm and Kathy baked up a storm during her March Break.

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful gifts but even more for your friendship! I look forward to these evenings and am so happy to be getting to know each and every one of you...even when I can't remember your names! LOL!!

Mark your calendars ladies - Saturday, May 12th is our next dinner!! Time and location to be announced later. Invite your friends...the more the merrier! Another fun thing is that by the next dinner our camera-shy friend 'D' can be revealed as she will have her referral! She'll be a MOMMY! We're all so excited for you 'D'!!! Praying for you as you receive your referral in the next few weeks. Wahoo!!!

Until next time friends....

12 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish I were SO much closer!

    Looks like you all had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! Can I crash the party next time? I'd love to meet some waiting moms.

    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had such a good time, Catherine! I think that "Waiting Mommies Dinners" are so important for the psyche in terms of keeping the spirits up and in validating our experiences.
    I enjoyed every minute of our time together and can't wait for the next time we can laugh and talk like last evening.
    Hope you enjoy your sushi today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have already got the date marked in my calendar!! What a great night again that we had.

    I so cherish the group time. The ladies are so validating and informative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh the next one is on a Saturday? Count me in...I can't do Friday nights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Cari...sounds like I've been missing out on all the fun!!! Do you allow party crashers??? Would love to meet a bunch of other waiting moms too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is on my calendar too! Had a wonderful time!

    I too cherish the time, and our friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you all had a great time...what a great way to bond during the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great night!

    Bloglines is the BEST!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too bad it's almost a three hour drive for me or I'd be crashing too! Maybe I'll have to invite everyone to a beach bash in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok...I am SOOO moving to ONTARIO!!

    I LOVE that green sweater on you!!!!

    Wanna lend it to me??!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so much fun! I wish I could've been there. Hopefully next time.

    k

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...