Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Please Pray for Baby Brea

Breann is a precious 21 month old baby girl who joined her forever family in October of 2006. Brea was born with a small hole in her heart so was a waiting child. Sadly she has now contracted a totally unrelated virus that has attacked her heart. She is on a ventilator and sedated much of the time.

She was diagnosed last month with Dialated Cardiomyopathy. One third of all children with this condition will recover with medication, one third will not respond to medication and will need a heart transplant or will not survive and one third will regain some function and will live on medications for the rest of their life. Her family, friends and church family are praying that Brea is in the 1st one third of the equation.

Brea is currently on a ventilator and many medications and has also been added to a heart transplant waiting list. She and her mommy are at Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock, AR while her daddy, sister and brother are in Louisiana. Please pray for this family as they are separated at such a difficult time in their lives.

Our God is a God of miracles! Please pray for little Brea as we wait to see what God has planned for her.

I have also added a link to Brea's website to the top of my sidebar. Her mommy updates her situation daily and provides specific things we can pray about.

Thank you to all of you who lift this little one up in prayer to our Lord!

11 comments:

  1. Wow - I'll definitely pray for little Brea.

    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can count on my prayers being sent up for Brea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for the little sweetie too. WHat a worry this must be for her family and friends. I can't even imagine.

    Janet T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just looked at her photos...what a cute little peanut...I will so be praying for this special little girl. How so heartbreaking for this family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for this family. I will pray for this little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little girl and wonderful family. She will definitely be in my prayers and I will continue to follow her journey each day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a little angel. I have them in my thoughts and prayers.

    You are so thoughtful!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such sad news....they are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow! will definitely be praying..what a hard time for the family to go thru.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We will be praying for Brea. I will be thinking of her parents too. What a fright this will be. Children are strong though, I hope they keep a very positive outlook!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that poor little sweetheart and her family. Breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...