Friday, July 27, 2012

Olympic Excitement is in the Air!

I’ll admit it….I’m a HUGE fan of the Olympics!  I love what they stand for:  Unity, fun, dedication, hard work and healthy competition.  As I sit here watching the Opening Ceremonies I can’t help but be in awe as I watch the nations gather peacefully, side by side.  What an awesome opportunity is offered to us every 2 years as the world comes together for the Olympic games!2012 london olympics

I fondly remember watching Nadia Comaneci in the 1976 Olympics held in nearby Montreal.  I had dreams of somehow competing for Canada in 1980!  Heh…considering I was never an athlete I now wonder how that was going to happen but I guess that dream goes along with the one where I was going to marry a price after watching Charles and Diana wed.  LOL!  I guess I just dreamed big!  Smile  Gotta love childhood dreams!  I hope Hannah dreams big and I have a feeling with her spunky personality she’ll do just that!

Tonight as I watch the ceremonies there is a sense of excitement in the air as one of my cousins who lives in London is part of the cast!  I wasn’t able to see him on TV amidst the crowds (he was part of the first portion depicting the industrial revolution) but just knowing he was there, experiencing this once in a lifetime event in person had me so excited for him!  Way to go Chris!!

The parade of nations is always exciting!  I couldn’t help myself as the Canadian athletes entered the stadium and I sat here with a huge smile and applauded.  Super excited to see what Canada will do these games!  One of the girls in Hannah’s gym is competing in artistic gymnastics.  It’s neat to think that the young gal I watch practice week after week while Hannah is in her class is there representing our great country along with one of the coaches from our gym!  Cool!!

One moment that surprised me a bit but in a good way was the overwhelming feeling of pride and thankfulness that filled me when the Chinese athletes entered the stadium!  I burst into tears as I am still humbled and thankful that China blessed me with one of their own and allowed Hannah to come to Canada so that we can be a family!!  I hope this feeling never, ever leaves!  The last time the Summer Olympics were held it was the summer of 2008 and they were in Beijing.  I remember thinking often that Hannah was probably already born and was there the same time as the Olympics were happening.  Little did I know that God would allow her to be so very young and not be born until the following February!

I hope you take time to enjoy some of the Olympics over the next 2 weeks.  Cheer on the athletes who have prepared for years for this very moment!

Hannah and I?  We’ll be cheering for Canada and China! 

Go Teams!!!

Hannah November 14, 2009

Heh…Look at my little pumpkin!  This picture was taken Saturday November 14th, 2009 when she was just 8 months old.  This is the day that she woke up as a Chinese citizen and went to sleep as a Canadian citizen after we travelled home to Canada.  A momentous day for sure!

1 comment:

  1. You were not so far off,Catherine. On July 27,2008,the date of the Bejing Olympic's opening ceremony, your Hannah had been conceived and was growing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...