Thursday, February 16, 2012

How Can It Be Time Already???

Tonight Hannah and I did something together that I’ve thought about each February for years but now that it’s here I can hardly believe it and want time to stop!
Tonight we attended an Open House for the pre-school that she will attend in September. 
IMG_4578
Truly, how can it be that the little baby I brought home ‘yesterday’ is now preparing for pre-school???
She was pretty timid when we first entered the room and even hid behind my legs which is unusual for Hannah.  It didn’t take long though before she and I were playing with toys together on the floor and then she was happy to visit different play centres while I talked with the teachers and learned more about the program.  My niece Rebecca attended this very same pre-school 10 years ago and this fall it will be Hannah’s turn.  Wow!!
Here is my little love enjoying some of the activities that were available for the kiddos tonight.
Playing with the dollhouse IMG_4572
My crafty girl enjoying markers.  A rare treat!IMG_4574
Colouring a picture for Mommy.  Oh how I wish I had space for an easel at home!IMG_4576
Pre-school is still 6 1/2 months away but based on how time has flown since the moment Hannah was placed in my arms I know it will be here before we know it.  Wow!  It’s difficult to think of and yet at the same time I’m excited to see all she’ll learn and how excited I know she’s going to be about learning!  My gal is a clever little girl and I know that school will be something she’ll enjoy and excel at! 

9 comments:

  1. Time sure does fly! Next month I will be registering my baby for Kindergarten!!!??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how time flies. Love the one of her with the markers. They do make easels that fold up, when not in use. Maybe that would be an option. If we were closer, you could have Rieley's. It is sitting in the garage not being touched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They grow up too quickly. How do we put the brakes on to keep them our little babies for a while longer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazon.com has a wall easel that does not take up much space. (by Alex Toys)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so funny how the kidlets never react like we think they will. When we went to visit the preschool I thought Z would be timid and hiding behind me - as usual. Nope he was all over the place.

    The preschool Hannah will attend looks wonderful!!

    Santa brought a tabletop easel this year. I love it because I can store it away when we are not using it. I looked up the link for you and now it's $40 off the original price. Here's the link:
    http://www.landofnod.com/toys-and-gifts/sale/little-leonardo-tabletop-easel/f4869

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes these milestones are exciting and sad all at the same time. I know that she will enjoy it there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh...too fast! We are looking at pre-schools too. How is that possible? Where did our little babies go?

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that preschool has the original Fisher Price little people! I ebayed to get them for Jie Jie since they've been removed from all US schools - parts too small, they say. Pooh, I LOVED my Little People play stuff.

    I cannot believe how big Hannah is now and how much like a little girl instead of a toddler she is.

    Are you coming to the Bay Area any time soon?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...