Thursday, July 21, 2011

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot!!

We laugh when we think of the misconception that some people have that Canada is always cold.  Heh….not so much!  We’re in the middle of a heat wave and I’m loving it!!  I’d take heat over cold every day of the year if I could so I’m thoroughly enjoying this summer of sun and fun!  Today the highest temps are forecasted and records will probably be broken.  At 7:45 am it’s already feeling like 38oC/100oF when the humidex is added in and today’s high is anticipated to feel like 50oC/122oF!!!  Now that’s hot!

Hannah and I have been taking advantage of the hot evenings by finding ways to stay cool.  Tuesday night we hung out at a local splash pad with my SIL Trish and niece Makenna then went back to their place to enjoy homemade sundaes.IMG_1118

IMG_1121

IMG_1128

IMG_1132

Whoa!  Almost tripped but caught themselves!IMG_1130

Who wants to go home for ice cream?  We do!!IMG_1131

Ice cream!!!IMG_1134

IMG_1137

Last night’s recipe for beating this summer heat was a dip in Mom and Dad’s pool with Auntie K, Uncle J, Chick and Pea!

IMG_1163 - Copy

IMG_1162

IMG_1165

Tonight we’re going to a circus that is in town.  Thankfully it’s indoors!

Hope you’re finding fun ways to enjoy these wonderful warm hot summer days!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, we're going to the circus today too...we'll be at the 4pm showing. Ava got free tickets from school. Maybe we'll see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO MUCH FUN!!! I can't wait for the day when Chick and Pea love the waterpark. So far, it's a no-go.
    Thanks for last night and THANK YOU for that beautiful picture of J. and Pea. It just may be my favorite picture of them ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me thinnk of the movie "Grease"...

    Summer lovin' had me a blast
    Summer lovin', happened so fast

    Should be Lovin' summer! Cause that is what you are doing.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Sigh* This post makes me really miss the heat. Looks like you all had a great time.

    Hannah sure looks like she's having fun at the splash pad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me there is nothing better than a hot day and a cool pool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...