Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Healthcare Update

First, I want to say thank you to all those who have written letters and made phone calls to government officials who can help reverse this recently implemented policy. If you feel led to write letters on behalf of adoptive parents across the province, please see the link above for more information. Even those outside the province and country offered help and please know that your offers were greatly appreciated! It appears that this situation is being brought to the forefront and I'm confident that changes will be made.

The Ottawa Citizen featured an article today sharing one family's story and also some of the actions that are being made to have this problem rectified. I have also received responses to 2 of the emails that I sent to government officials yesterday and both of those responses indicated that they are looking into the matter and hope for a quick resolution.

I truly do not believe this was done to discriminate against our children but until it is changed unfortunately that is what is happening. Praying things change for the better soon and truly believing that this will happen.

Thanks again for your support and I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. The power of people coming together can accomplish a lot!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will be resolved in time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just awful. I just told Doug about this and the first thing he said was "that's discrimination." I hope things turn around quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...