Monday, January 19, 2009

Nothing Yet.

More than anything I want to say a huge THANK YOU for all your amazing words of love, encouragement, excitement and so much more!! I was overwhelmed more than once with the kindness that was shared when I posted last week's post about Hannah's referral possibly arriving much sooner than anticipated.

As it stands now it appears that it won't happen quite that quickly and really I'm ok with that. We should know within the next week or so exactly how many days CCAA matches with this month's referrals and that will help me rejig my guesstimation.

Here's how the numbers play out in my little corner of the world, according to my thoughts. Yup, nothing scientific here.

January's Referrals:
1. If CCAA includes up to and including March 5/6 that's the norm and I would continue to anticipate a May/June referral.
2. If CCAA includes up to and including March 7 that's a bigger than normal batch and I would anticipate an April/May referral.
3. If CCAA includes any days past March 7th I'd consider that a HUGE batch and think that my referral could arrive in March/April.
4. If CCAA includes March 23rd in this referral batch you'll hear me screaming/sobbing regardless of where you live!

I am totally ok with any of these scenarios or, any other that God chooses. Still trusting Him and His perfect timing. That being said, let's just say last weeks rumour was great for encouraging me to get things started around the house. Thanks for you help Saturday morning Deb! We went through many of Hannah's clothese and organized them by size. Soon M and M will make their way to my place and Mr. M's going to help me attack my basement and put together some shelves that are long overdue as well as do some organizing. Thanks friends! So many people have offered to help me get ready and I am so appreciative! You'd think with 4 years to prepare I'd be ready. Ummm, nope. I just have 4 years worth of wonderful baby stuff stored around my home and it desperately needs organizing! It's overwhelming to 1 but a team of family and friends are surrounding me and helping out and I am oh so thankful!!

13 comments:

  1. #4 made me laugh, but I so understand. I knew when we were next, we were 'next' but I was still overwhelmed with excitement when the call finally came. And yes, I totally understand where you are coming from. We had a three year wait (long story) and one would think I would have been ready too. Nope, the weeks leading up to the trip we were painting and putting together furniture and shopping. Enjoy this time. I look back and wonder how it really went so fast.

    Cheers (and hope you are enjoying NF!),

    Kiy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have it all planned out. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll here me screaming and sobbing too if they make it to the 23rd! I'm hoping for the 7th, that would make me very happy.

    Your "only in Canada" pictures are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This next little while will be so exciting. I keep checking my blog list updates to see if anyone is shouting out yet!!

    The anticipation is exciting and exhausting, but in the end so wonderful.

    I will keep checking in. I can't wait to see this little one we have wanted, prayed for, hoped for and loved already.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait for your referral!!! Joy will spread in 2 countries for you... I am praying for referrals quickly and for at least 1/2 month if not the entire one. We need the babies to come home to Forever families. Hugs and prayers...Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is back to reality but it is nice to have those positive thoughts in our hearts and minds.

    I too am in the same boat...getting stuff done!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to hear you scream!! Praying it will come fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the calm, cool collected post and appreciate the reality of the screaming and sobbing scenario, too! Made me laugh.

    I rec'd my adorabel Taggies today and will mail out the check tomorrow (should have done that sooner; you'd think I worked for the CCAI). sheesh

    I'll keep checking for news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I admire your positive attitude. It is true though, when I adopted each of my sons (from Russia) you just know that they are perfect for your family. Sure waiting is hard, but had it come a couples months beforehand I would not have them! Would be nice if the right baby that God planned to be your Hannah would be born sooner though, haha ;)
    Can't wait for your referral, you will hear us all screaming for you if #4 is the case!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Spanish rumour site which most often are right says that the cut-off will be March 2nd !!!!
    If that is correct I really start to doubt that there will be a China journey in July...
    Keep my fingers crossed for false alarm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about the bad news, love. Keep on....I know you will. Your day with Hannah is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh, the scenerios will drive you insane. Can't stop envisioning them, though can you?! That keeps us going! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...