Monday, October 08, 2007

Thankful for Friends in this Wonderful World of IA!

Today I am thankful for the many, many people I have been priviledged to meet as I wait for my precious daughter.

The wait is so much longer than any of us anticipated but one of the many unexpected blessings during this wait is the many, many AMAZING people I have met who are also waiting for their child or, have recently become a family.

As I wandered through the memories of the past year, not only was I struck by the many new friends I've made across Canada and the US, but also, by how many of the babies we were waiting for when we were together are now home! Wahoo!!!! From the friends in the pics I counted 10 who have returned home with their sweet baby girls since we met, 1 has an adorable son from Vietnam in her arms, 1 has a referral picture and is waiting to travel and still 7 others brought their daughters home this year or so and what a treat it was to meet the babies and mommies together!!

GOD IS SO GOOD!!! His timing is perfect. I believe that. I trust Him and today I am thankful for the precious friends He has introduced me to as I await Miss Hannah's arrival!

At church tonight we were encouraged to share about difficult times we can be thankful for because God was with us during those times. Tonight I shared about all of you and what an awesome priviledge it is to wait alongside such wonderful ladies!

I want to share some verses that I found encouraging today and I hope that they can be an encouragement to you too:

'Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. ' Philippians 4: 6, 7 (The Message)
'I thank God through Jesus for every one of you.' Romans 1:8
'Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart.' Phil 1: 3, 4





Thank you friends! Each of you are a blessing for whom I am very, very thankful!!

29 comments:

  1. I am so glad to be in so many of your pictures!!

    I am glad that we are friends!

    I think too sometimes that a year ago I didn't know you and now look at us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only blessing about this wait are the friends that we have made during the process. I am so glad we have met.

    Now we just have to figure out a way to pass Hannah as a child under two for a few years so you can continue to fly around all of North America on one ticket. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i consider you a friend catherine and i thank you for welcoming me into the world of IA when my time came.
    i love your perpective on things.

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smooch!

    You are a breath of fresh (and inspiring) air in my life :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine, I love the way you put this long wait to positive use by meeting so many neat people. Are there any waiting mommies left you haven't met?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catherine,

    You have so many friends because you are a great friend and bless so many lives. Thank you for your positive spin on everything!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im glad they finally updated the CCAA site. Great pics..Isnt amazing the people we meet during this process?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post Cathrine. We really do have lots to be thankful for don't we. Your post inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! This past year and a half has been amazing. Truly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a geat post - Mali & I are both very thankful to have met you!

    P.S. - you make one heckuva margarita, too ;-)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are so grateful to have been able to share this time with you and to know that even though distance separates us, our friendship is strong.

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, you know *everyone*!! Fun, fun, fun. I feel like the luckiest person in the world to call you friend. Much love, M3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures, beautiful friends.

    Yes, God has a way of make our "trials" more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That post was beautiful Catherine! Ava and I are so glad to have met you and call you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You indeed are blessed!!!! Who would have ever thought that frienships could be formed on the internet with adoption blogs??? Glad I came across your path.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so right and that's what makes this journey so special :) I love your perspective too! You are always so upbeat and positive :) And your right, All in Gods timing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maybe some day your worldly adventures will lead you to the Maritimes, let me know...I would love one of the margaritas that Alison comment on!

    Great post! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Smiles! :o)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  18. nikki,

    I don't drink so you don't want me near a blender! All I made was a concoction powerful enough to used as fuel in a car.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That has been one of the greatest things in our adoption journey...meeting people! You are so right!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow that's a lot of bloggy get togethers...glad to see the Montreal-Toronto bloggy summit in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. And we are thankful we met you! We really have been blessed with the wonderful surprise of the wonderful women we have met on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You truly are an amazing woman Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thankful for meeting you Catherine! It has been a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow girl! You really have met a bunch of great peeps!

    Friendship is the best thing that's come from this obnoxious wait!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a nice post, Catherine! And ever so true. IA has opened up a whole new world to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. There is nothing like the friends you make along the way thru this long journey. I have made and will keep some of the best and dearest friends for life.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have met so many great people...you are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I (we) can certainly relate to events happening in His time for what is best for us. Though I so often miss that point while all heck is breaking loose... Also, I wanted to personally thank you for your kind and encouraging words regarding my SAHD status and that of Don's. Very much appreciated. I'm trying to limit my pity parties so as to get myself prepared for tea parties instead :)

    fm

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great slideshow Catherine!!

    I think you must win the award for most blogger friends you've met in person!!!

    SOOOOO thankful to have you as more than just a "blogger friend" Catherine!! I sure do treasure you and our friendship!!

    Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...