Friday, October 19, 2007

Let the paperchase beging again! Round 2 *ding!*

I've held off posting anything until I was sure of more details about rumour and to find out if it is actually true. (Hehe...sounds like the Rumor Queen!) Unfortunately it is.

I heard last night and confirmed today that those of us in Ontario who are completing International Adoptions will need to have their ministry approval done a 2nd time if the wait between ministry approval and referral is greater than 24 months. Their approvals always expired after 18 months but that was recently changed to 24 months. Mine would hit the 24 month in March of 2008 and you and I both know Hannah's referral will not be received by that time.

As I understand it, this new requirement will require:
- updated medical
- new local police check (guess that's just in case I decided to take up shoplifting as a hobby during the wait)
- SW will contact my references via phone/email and make a note that that was done. Do they still support my adoption plan?
- visit(s) with SW to determine if any major changes have taken place. Not really unless you take into account that I've aged by 2 years! A mini-updated homestudy will be written by the SW.

As much as I would love to not have to go through this, I accept it. I can't do anything about it so I accept it. It's frustrating at times that I need to prove over and over again that I'm able to raise a child but my fighting it won't get me anywhere but frustrated.

So....let the paperchase begin....AGAIN!!! $$$cha-ching!!$$$

25 comments:

  1. Oh, that just bites. So sorry for you and all the others affected by this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brother!!!

    I guess it's good you are on top of things!!

    I really should be checking into things like that here in BC. I'd HOPE our agency would be letting us know though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks. I guess even the "officials" didn't expect the wait to drag on this long?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry youy have to go thru this too! What is money but to spend? Really!!! Hope this goes smoothly without too much frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't comment right now without typing some VERY choice words that you won't want on your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the dreaded re-do... but hey, it falls under "I'll Do Anything For My Baby" category, right? Good luck with all of it. I mostly fear the cha--ching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally relate. My homestudy is only good for 1 year. I will be updating again in December for the THIRD time. I will see that gathering the documents was much easier the second time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU CAN SECOND MY RESPONSE AS THE EXACT SAME AS THE MARK AND MICHELLE POST!!!!!!!

    WONDER HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE OUR AGENCY TO LET US KNOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so out of it when it comes to adoption rumours. So sorry to hear about this latest one. Just another expense to add to the list. Anyway, you were just sitting around bored right? Now you have something to do with all your free time! HA!! Hope it's easier the second time around.

    k

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brother. That is frustrating. I hope they don't do that in Alberta too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear that - hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We jsut did the fnigrepirnt tinhg for the tihrd tmie! Egihty bckus ecah! Six hnurded and svetney dlolras for the oprahn pteotiin! Oy! Keep the ftaih, Cnhiretae!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, oh, oh! I am so sorry. This just bites. Sending huge hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It never ceases to amaze me the hoops that people wanting to adopt a child have to go through, and a fifteen year old can be irresponsible and doesn't have any homestudy or fingerprinting or any other hoop! It just doesn't seem fair. Glad you are keeping a good attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We too will soon be doing the same here in NS. It just sucks but like you said fighting it won't get us anywhere, so, on to paperchase #2! UGH!!!

    Smiles! :o)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bleepity, bleep! Ha! So sorry you have to go through that again. I had to update my home study while waiting for Briana - new medicals, finances, blah, blah, blah. It wasn't fun, but totally worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We had to do that too. Its rough. It feels like they are just rubbing salt into the wounds. Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How annoying and unfair. I am glad you have a healthy attitude because you are right, getting upset will get you no where. Hang on, your Hannah is waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good that you know well in advance. Hope this happens quickly for you when you start.
    I should look into those details too...I guess I hadn't given it much thought.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh man!!! I feel for you hun, but I agree I would do whatever I had too to get me too my daughter.
    Sorry I didnt call you lastweek.....the week slipped by right infront of me. I'll try this week, but I will give you heads up that this week is busy. Keep an eye out in your mailbox......!!!!
    Hope you survived your week lastweek. Talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh boy, I can't say I fancy doing that again.
    I'm not sure what was supposed to have changed...why things expire in that time...it's not like you changed your mind or robbed a bank!?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh man. That stinks.

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...