Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday Night Fun

Tonight was a night of fun hanging out with Norma and her family. (Missed you Bonnie!) Little M doesn't know it but I'll be watching she and her big sister A next Friday night when the family goes out to celebrate her mommy's birthday. It's 35 right Kristy? ;o) Since M hadn't seen me since last fall we thought it was best she and I spend some time together tonight. To say she was not impressed with the idea is an understatement!! I took her into the den to play while mommy slipped away to get the dog and oh how she howled. Big crocodile tears, sobs and such sadness! (Made me think of what my precious Hannah will go through when she's handed over to me without ever having seen me before. Such sadness! Praying for her little heart already.) Anyway, Grandma came and rescued M from the mean lady trying to amuse her with futile games of peek-a-boo and toys and all was right in her little world again. Within minutes she was smiling and cooing at me so I was ok for her to be around...from a distance. I'm sure next week we'll be fine (I know I'll be ok, I just hate to see little ones upset) but somehow it's totally different when mom and dad are gone and they realize we're there to play. It'll all be good. A is older and she and I are buds. Tonight she wanted us to hang out in her tent so that's what we did. Well...I kinda hung out in the tent...and out of the tent. :o) Getting all of me into a child's tent just wasn't happening if I hoped to walk for the next couple of days. Thanks for another fun night with your family Norma and John! Always a great time! I'll leave you with M who has decided that walking and crawling are highly overrated as she perfers to hop on her butt. Very cute but it's not going to cut it in high school. Papa's trying to help her out here and we were all laughing at what he had rigged up. She quite enjoyed herself and I'm sure it won't be long before mommy is longing for the days when she didn't have to run to keep up with her baby M.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to spend some time with your friends. Looks like everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like lots of fun! I agree, fitting into a children's tent? Not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute photos and video!

    Just look at your adorable waiting mama self in that tent. Hannah is going to have one fantastic mom...that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the pic of you in the tent! It made me smile :D

    Ladybug hugs,
    ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute kids! Know you'll have fun next week with these little ones. Adorable.

    I might still have a tent you could have, Cath, if you feel like hiding away again :o)

    Have a great day!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gtrat pictures!! I love the one of you in the tent hanging with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one girl who knows how to have fun!! Save that tent picture!! Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...