Saturday, July 05, 2008

Kit Kittredge: A Wonderful Movie!

Last evening Bec and I headed to the movies to see Kit Kittredge:  An American Girl.  I can't say enough about this wonderful, fun movie that leaves you with a feeling of appreciation for people in your life. 

It's a wonderfully heart-warming tale of a young 10yo girl in the 1930's depression era who has a dream to be a reporter...and she chases that dream.  Life is far from easy for this family but family, friends and a positive outlook on life takes them far.

If you have a daughter that is ready for non-cartoon movies then I cannot recommend this movie enough! It was so neat to hear people talking to each other as we left the theatre, all saying what an uplifting movie it was and what a great feeling it left us with.

Another really neat thing that happened after this movie was that Rebecca and I went to the store and bought a book for her. She's kinda been a reader but not an avid reader. I'm hoping this helps to change things as I love to get lost in a book and I would love for her to find that too.

10 comments:

  1. COOL! I bet Sarah would LOVE this movie! Maybe I could go on a date with her! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great! Suitable for a 11/12 year old?

    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might take my nieces to this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a chance to hang out with your niece with a great movie to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet my cousins are seeing it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad it was wonderful...I love the American Girl series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great! Will keep an eye out for it - it's not out here yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, based just on the commercials I see for this movie, I want to go see it! I guess it would be better if I had a little girl to take with me, but I'm short, so maybe I'll pass for 12 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like fun! Do you think two four year old girls would like it? They love movies but we've only tried them on animations so far. What do you think?

    Should we grab some popcorn and M&M's and try it?

    :)


    Donna
    Our blog: Double Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, i bet my Chloe would love this movie. thanks for the recommend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...