Monday, September 01, 2014

Let’s Go To The Ex!!

The Canadian National Exhibition is held the last 2 1/2 weeks of August.  Sadly it also signifies the end of summer as the kids go back to school the day after the fair ends Labour Day Monday.  (Our school holidays are the months of July and August.)

My SIL Trish and I decided to take her 2 youngest and Hannah to the fair on August 23rd and we had such fun together!  The adventures began first thing when we boarded the train for the ride to the fair.  Kallen found a way for him to enjoy the scenery racing by.IMG_4560

2 excited little girls.  Hannah often asks when she can see Makenna as the two of them are best friends as well as cousins!

IMG_4565IMG_4566

Our traditional first stop is at Tiny Tom doughnuts.  Mmmm….delicious little morsels of yumminess covered in icing sugar.  They were deeelicious – I think!  One difference since becoming a Mommy is that I got 1 1/2 and happily gave the rest of them to my sweet girl.  She enjoyed sharing them with Kallen.

 tinytomdoughnutsIMG_4575

While Kallen napped the girls enjoyed a few rides in the kiddie midway.IMG_4578

They had lots of fun playing in the Mickey Mouse jumping area!IMG_4580

As we wandered around there was a comedy show that we stopped to watch.  Before I knew it Hannah was in the show!  She later told me she didn’t like it but if you watch carefully at the beginning of the video she looks back with a smile and gave me a little finger wave so I didn’t realize she wasn’t having fun.  Thankfully it was only seconds long.  At Disney she always tries to be chosen to participate in shows so I thought it was the same this time.  Oops, lesson learned.  She was awfully cute!

We went into the farm building and it ended up being our favourite time of the entire Ex!  So many activities for the girls to do and they thoroughly enjoyed it!  Milking a cow.

IMG_4585IMG_4586

The girls were rewarded with these cute little horse headbands at the end of their farming adventure where they milked a cow, gathered eggs, picked fruit from trees and more.IMG_4590

They were also able to try out their horse riding skills a couple of different ways.

Hannah loved this!  I have a feeling she’ll be asking for horse back riding lessons when she gets older.  I love listening to her giggle while she rides!!

After lunch we checked out the arts and crafts building.  Doesn’t she look adorable!  Kinda kicking myself that I didn’t buy her this hat!IMG_4603

The girls enjoyed when we visited a booth where they could decorate face masks.IMG_4610

Kallen in turn enjoyed ripping his mask apart as quick as his mommy gave it to him!IMG_4607

The girls waited patiently ALL DAY for a candy apple.  Each time we saw them they reminded us that we were getting one as we were leaving.  Finally around 8pm we re ready to catch the train home so we stopped to buy them their longed for candy apples.IMG_4619

They ate them for about 5 mins before both declared that they didn’t really like candy apples after all!  LOL!  Isn’t that they way??

Trish, we enjoyed a great day with you and are super excited that all of us plus Uncle Dave will be headed to Disney together in just 19 more sleeps.  Woo hoo!!!  °o°

4 comments:

  1. What a fun day at the fair! 19 more sleeps?! I am very excited for you! Is this Makenna's 1st trip?! Are all the grandparents coming too?! I can't wait to see all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat! I'm kicking myself that we didn't go to the Ex this year--I have to admit that I was a little nervous of Charlotte taking off to look or do something without telling me, as she tends to do, and getting lost in the crowds. My heart just sinks thinking about the possibility. We're trying to figure out a way to get to Wonderland, which she has talked about frequently since we went once last year, and Centreville. So much to do and so little time. I decided to try to maximize our time at the cottage this year and not over-schedule ourselves. Next year, I think we'll try to get to Bracebridge to see Santa's Village--I think she's be a good age for the activities.

    Wow! 19 more sleeps before Disney--very exciting! What dates are you away?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol..we are in the video with the soldiers.. it was nice to see you.. Glad you enjoyed your day..wow Disney wish I was heading there again...have a great time... how is your mom doing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny J! I see you now straight across from us! Hope you had a great day at the Ex!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...