Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Never, Ever…EVER Thought This Would Happen!

More about the title later.  Smile

Thursday was Family Fun Day at Preschool and we couldn’t wait!!  Hannah was so excited that Mommy would spend the entire morning with her at preschool!  You know what?  Mommy was beyond excited too!  She said the colour of the week was yellow and she wanted to choose out outfits for the day.  Great job sweetie!

When we first arrived there were mats on the floor and chairs set up with a shelf of books available.  It warmed my heart to look around and see children curled up with their parents and grandparents all enjoying reading books together.  Hannah chose a couple  for us and we found a place on a mat to spend time together. 

After an opening song by our kiddos and prayer we broke up into class groups and went to the first of 3 centres.  We started with crafts which is always a hit with my girl!  (Sorry – Blurry pics but they had the cutest faces of the group.)IMG_1356

IMG_1363

I love this pic of Hannah and her classmates checking out the action in the gym below.  You can tell that the lighting in there is t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e so please forgive the Shrek like pictures coming.  Thanks for your help with these Auntie M.IMG_1372

Everyone loves a jumping castle!IMG_1419-EditLR

IMG_1412LR

And now, for the highlight of the day for Hannah – Zoo to You!!  (If you’re squeamish you may want to stop reading now.)

Hannah LOVED this which would not have been me as a kiddo! 

Holding Springer the Crested GeckoIMG_1378

Eye to eye with Treekah the Red Eyed Tree FrogIMG_1379

Blech!!!  Holding Charlotte the Rose Hair TarantulaIMG_1383

Petting Lola the American AlligatorIMG_1391

Now, an animal that was finally more Mommy’s speed!IMG_1395

And now for the reason for the title of this post.  This was Hannah’s first reaction to the final animal.IMG_1397

Dolly, such a sweet name for…THIS!  EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!  A Burmese python that was about 6’ long!

IMG_1402 - Copy

Hannah, Mommy loved spending the day with you in preschool!  Yes, even when we wore a snake as a necklace!  Smile

10 comments:

  1. Hey, the color of the week was yellow after all! At least your snake necklace matches your outfit! Ha! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice of the python to wear yellow!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care how pretty that yellow snake is . . . you'd never find that sucker around my neck! LOL! Good for you girlfriend . . . what a great mom you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cheated and went straight to see what the title was about and just cringed. You are Mummy of the year for that one! what a brave one your little girl is. EWWWWW. bye bye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my!!! You are awesome! I'll do a lot of things but I'm not sure I could handle that one! Good for you both - what a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're such a great mom to do that for your sweetie. Charlotte is so brave, approaching unfamiliar situations head-on. I think she'll help break down the walls of my fears/anxieties, but I think I have to draw the line at snakes. Not sure that I could do what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you are a whole lot braver than me and Hannah is a whole lot braver than me. The bunny is about my comfort level. Bravo to the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! Yes, Hannah is much more brave about animals than I was at her age. I can only hope to be as brave as you one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Catherine, you are so brave!!! When I worked downstairs in the office, I avoided the preschool like a plague when the animals were up there.

    And the "Shrek" description for the lighting made me laugh out loud. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...