Here is what I have learned about Hannah Catherine XiaoFen (XiaoFen means 'Fragrance of the Dawn'):
- XiaoFen has been in Daoxian Social Welfare Institute (SWI) since she was 1 day old. (More about Daoxian SWI in a post tomorrow)
- she was 6.6 lbs at birth and 19 inches long
- her medical was on June 24th, just 3 days before she turned 4 months old
- at her medical she weighed 12.5 lbs and was 23.5 inches long. These are the most current stats I have although hope to possibly receive more when I send Hannah a care package using Ann's services at Red Thread China. I've started buying 6 and 9 month old clothing to take to China with me at then end of October and also purchased a package of Pampers size 2 diapers
- she has no teeth yet
- this part made me laugh: When the doctor tried to check her hearing, sight and smell she, 'would not cooperate' Heh...that's my girl! Not cooperating at less than 4 months old!
- all of her other medical information was great and my doctor said he has no concerns at all. Thank you Lord!
More information about my baby girl at 4 months of age
- she is a deep sleeper. Yay!!!
- she can hold her head up when laying on her tummy
- grasps a toy near her head
- picks up small things with her fingers
- tears paper
- locates the direction of sound/voice
- visually follows moving toys
- looks for dropped toy (I thought this was great for her age!)
- reaches and grasps a toy beyond
- transfer a block from one hand to the other
- follow you with moving head from one side to the other
- laughs aloud! :o)
- distinguishes between acquaintance and strangers
- sounds directed at someone or something
- she is active and restless
- fond of listening to music (that's a good one for a piano teacher's daughter)
- having a ready smile
- quick in reaction
- closest to caretaker
- favourite activity: rocking the rocker bed
- favourite toy: drum...uh oh!!
Notes from Nanny....my favourite part!
- XiaoFen is said to be optimistic and a cute girl
- she loves to laugh when being teased and her face looks cute
- Little XiaoFen is physically healthy
- when held by an adult she can sometimes sit or stand for a few minutes
- she loves to be held and walk around by the nanny.
- when standing next to her Little Fen (isn't that cute!) will cry so that you will hold her (These last 3 are so precious to me as it shows that she is being held and loved by her nannies)
- if something drops, she will look down and search for it immediately
- Little Fen loves to lie on the rocking chair and let an adult gently rock her to sleep. Awwwwwe!
- she also likes to ride the walker and play with other children
- she likes to chat when talking to her (that's my girl!!)
- when everybody teases her, she will laugh
- she likes to eat rice, chicken paste, fish soup, egg, vegetable past, etc. They also feed her fruit juice and cake! Wheee...add some ice cream and we're all set!
The final sentence on the Nannie's report gave me goosebumps. 'We like her very much and hope she can obtain a new family as soon as possible and live a happy life.'
Hannah, Mommy is coming and we will live a happy life together! Dreams really do come true!!!