Thursday, October 30, 2014

Disney 2014, Day 9 (Magic Kingdom)

(Sunday, September 28, 2014)

Sadly the day arrived all too quickly that we had to say goodbye to Uncle Dave, Auntie Trish and their family as well as Bonnie, Paul and their family.  They arrived a day before us and went home the day before Hannah and I.  I think Kallen was the only kiddo with a big smile that morning.IMG_5313

Sharing some last moments together before we all went our separate ways.IMG_5317

Once we’d said goodbye Hannah and I headed back to our room and prepared to go to the Magic Kingdom.IMG_5333

Hannah had been saving her money for months and today she purchased a couple of treats for herself.  A charm braceletIMG_5330

plus an Anna and Elsa flip-flop doll.

IMG_5347IMG_5351

This was another day that was toasty hot and humid.  Hannah was sprinkled with a little Pixie Dust in the heat of the afternoon when these 2 cast members walked up to us and asked if they could give her a frozen lemonade!  It was really neat for her to receive some Disney Magic when she’d helped me share our extra food credits and sprinkle pixie dust on others less than 24 hours earlier!IMG_5356

We had a FP+ booked for Seven Dwarfs and were able to snag another one at the kiosk so we rode it 2 more times.  What a great ride!!IMG_5358

We rode as many rides as we could possibly fit in that day before leaving the park for the final time this trip.  We made our way to the Contemporary Resort to dine with Mickey and friends.IMG_5364

We rode an articulated bus back to our resort which was my own moment of Disney Magic.  As we waited for our bus to arrive I asked the gentleman assisting at the bus stop for our resort what the chances were that we would get an articulated  bus?  I had seen these new buses at our resort all week but not yet had an opportunity to ride one.IMG_5110

He smiled at me, walked about 200’ feet away to talk to someone and then came back.  He found me in line and said,  ‘I think you’re going to get your wish!’  Sure enough, a couple of minutes later an articulated bus drove up to take us back to our resort.  Fun!  These busses are neat and were new to Disney since the last time we’d been there.  They sure hold a lot of people and the ride is really smooth!IMG_5384

The skies reflected my heart as we returned to our resort.  Oh my can it rain in Florida!!!  By the time it stopped I was walking in water over the top of my sandals  most of the way to our room!

Yes, when we reached the room, in spite of walking through the rain and her legs getting wet outside the stroller hood Hannah was in a deep sweet sleep.  IMG_5388

Why was her sleep sweet?  Because she knew that Mommy and Auntie Trish had already booked next year’s September trip together, once again taking advantage of Disney’s Free Dining Bounceback Offer!  (A  bounceback offer is one you can book prior to checking out.  If you’re staying at a Disney resort, be sure to find out what’s being offered when you’re there.  This offer will save Hannah and I over $800 on our 10 day trip next year!!)

Yes, we love Disney and I hope these posts have given you a little glimpse why it’s our vacation destination over and over….and over again!

If there is anything you’d like to know about Disney or have questions, feel free to post them here and I’ll do my best to answer them!

Have a Magical Day!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Catherine!
    My Husband and I are planning on visiting Disney with our 3 year old for the first time at the beginning of February. We are going to florida to vist my parents so we will be adding a few days after to go to Disney. How many days do you think we should attempt for our first visit? We do planning on returning so it's not our ONLY visit. Are there any parks that are not worth visiting at such a young age?(Epcot?) . Do you recommend Hopper passes would be needed or just the regular one park per day passes? We're not sure how many days we should try 4-5? Or is that too short? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, There is so much I'd like to help you with! Is it possible for you to send me your email address? You can reach me at catherineschatter@rogers.com

      Thanks!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...