Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Referrals on Hold??

Although an official announcement has not been made, it appears that CC*AA is holding referrals due to H1N1.Rumours abound as to what 'might' be happening but realistically we don't really know. What I do know is that it has now been 40 days since the last referrals were sent out and other than during SARS, referral batches have never reached this duration between them.

When they will begin to be sent out again, nobody really knows. Also, the question of whether more days than normal will be referred is also anyone's guess. After SARS CC*AA sent out larger referral batches so this may happen again.

Since I have no real answers my heart is still preparing for a July referral with travel in late August/early September!!! Ooooo....SO close!

One thing that makes me smile on a daily basis is people asking about Hannah's referral. Rather than asking about referral dates, etc. I'm often asked, 'Have you moved any beads lately?' I love that the visual of the beads moving from one jar to the other is so helpful for people! It is for me too as daily I gaze at the jar on the left with the bottom showing and only 15 lonely beads in it! YES!!! Unfortunately none have moved lately but when they do I'll be shouting it from the roof tops!!

21 comments:

  1. Praying for all y'all among the March LIDs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine I really hope that referrals aren't put on hold, but I wanted to let you know that when we waited for our referral in 2004 (SARS was 2003), they sent out referrals about the 3rd week of January, then went on Chinese New Year, then didnt send out any in February at all...we had to wait for March 10. So, it was about 46 + days....I counted each one at the time so I remember well. Hang in there!!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope things get moving again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am jealous of your positive attitude...I lost mine a LONG time ago.

    Here's hoping that you see Hannah's face soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard. Hopefully we'll get answers sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be shouting along with ya!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and they will move, my friend. I can't wait for that very special day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a little irritating but the bright side of things is that the batch might or should be bigger than usual. Catherine I can't wait to see Hannah's picture...just can't wait!!

    Love, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm praying for a bigger batch as well, I too love your positive attitude, it helps me to keep going!!
    Take care,
    Sue
    LID 3/22/06 (Hope we meet in China!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A positive attitude keeps so many things in perspective. I am praying the next batch of referrals is bigger... for you and everyone else with LID's after yours!
    Hannah is waiting to come home to her mama!
    j

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are soooooo close..
    I am hoping some referrals will come out next week..
    we can always dream.. have been this long why stop...lol..
    Have a great weekend..
    Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Am hoping for a large batch soon! It is time to hear some good news!!
    You are being to good....

    Alyzabeth's Mommy for Eight Months (09/16/08)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The hold one everything sucks big time. I hope that when they do get back to it - they make up for lost time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh I'm sorry. This must be torture. Hopefully there will be a BIG referral day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you get to move some beads soon because this is getting a bit hard. Lots of praying here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Catherine. God really used your positive attitude to help me pull myself up by my bootstraps. Cheesy but og so true. Thank you for being faithful!
    Shelley
    Waiting for an LOA

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope that they are at least continuing to work on the next batch even if this one is sent out late! That would mean that things would be back to normal pretty fast.

    Looking forward to seeing y'all tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You'll be moving them soon - I know it! Love you friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The beads are really a neat idea! I hope that they do referrals soon. It is so awesome that after all of this wait it is so close!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thinking of you and hoping things are moving forward again very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...