Friday, October 07, 2005

Not quite what I had expected

Well, after taking the afternoon off work for my 1 hour phone interview, it was over in a quick 6 minutes! I just laughed when I got off the phone to think that I'd taken the afternoon off work for a 6 minute phone call! :o)

When I initially called the assistance program yesterday I explained that I was hoping to adopt a baby girl from China and was wondering if there was any sort of financial assistance offered to help with the $25,000 cost of completing an international adoption. The lady that called today seemed more prepared to help me begin looking into the adoption process. Oops! I explained that I already have an agency, social worker, etc. but was looking for something else. She seemed somewhat hopeful that financial assistance might be available but if there is, she is not aware of it. After a 2nd call she said she was not really aware of any assistance available but she would do some research. She is going to look into it and email me on Wednesday. Hmmm. Doesn't sound too positive but time will tell.

Again, all this is part of the plan God has.

Thank you so much for all that are praying! I received numerous emails telling me that they are praying and I'm so very thankful for that.

In His time God will reveal the plans that He has. Trusting Him! My heart soooo wants to do this so it's hard to keep my plans in check while waiting on God to reveal His plans. His plans are greater than mine.

Thank you for your continued prayer.

3 comments:

  1. It's going to happen for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine, I'm so glad I checked in on your blog. Your approach is must like ours - you don't just sit back and do nothing, but you prayerfully proceed in faith. You have GO-FAITH! We will be praying for you as God leads you in this decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog! Best of luck with your adoption plans. The process is long and tedious in places, but it does move forward. The one piece of advice I'll give is to celebrate every tiny victory - chocolate and margaritas worked for me (not necessarily together). :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...