Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Meeting the Baby Pandas!

Last week was March Break for Hannah and she had lots of fun with her friends at daycare.  She was the only other child besides Ange’s 3 so they were able to do lots of neat things.  Movie day, games, science class and a trip to the Toronto Zoo.  I took the day off work and surprised Hannah by going with them. 
As I was dropping her off at Ange’s I said, ‘I sure wish I was going to the zoo with you.’  IMG_0370
Her quick response was, ‘Call your boss!’
I surprised her by saying, ‘I did!!  And he said ‘yes’!’  She started jumping around and squealing with excitement!  Love being able to surprise my sweet girl and that she enjoys the time we share together as much as I do.
We left early knowing that the zoo would be busy as the new baby pandas had just started greeting visitors a few days earlier.  We arrived before opening and as soon as we were in the gates headed directly to the panda exhibit.  We only had to wait about 30 mins. and they were worth every moment of the wait even though the babies were sleeping.  IMG_0383
The babies are 5 months old and are named Jia Panpan (male) which means Canadian Hope and Jia Yueyue (female) which means Canadian Joy.    They were absolutely adorable!!IMG_0386
IMG_0387
Mom and the babies were inside while daddy was outside.   I think I have a new favourite animal!!IMG_0392
IMG_0394
I hadn’t been to the zoo since Hannah was a baby as she goes a few times a year with Ange.  I loved seeing all the different animals!IMG_0401
Baby white lionIMG_0407
CheetahIMG_0411
Orangutan IMG_0421
It was such a treat to spend the day with Hannah, Ange and the boys.IMG_0417

2 comments:

  1. We must live near one another! Do you ever go to the single adoptive mum's social group?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so behind on ready blogs - ack! Looks like a great day! Bri would LOVE to see those baby pandas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...