Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Woot! Woot! Hannah is Reading!!!

A whole new world is opening up to my sweet girl as she has started reading over the past couple of weeks!  She’s done little bits in the past but for the very first time she can pick up books and read many of the words!  She is learning at school how to memorize sight words like: and, is, the, I, etc. but now she’s also learning how to sound out the other words and can actually read them!!!  It’s so cool to watch and listen too!!!

Little bits of this page are memorized (I think they read this book at school today and it’s one we were given at her kindergarten orientation last year) but much of it she is actually reading!

Last night after swimming lessons we stopped at the library and chose some new readers at her level.  She couldn’t wait to start reading them and I had to guide her back to the car as she was totally absorbed in one of her new books.  I love this!reading 1

reading 4

My baby is reading and I’m one proud Mama!!  Way to go Hannah XiaoFen!!

7 comments:

  1. That is very exciting news! Way to go Hannah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing and Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember how phonics unlocked a new world for me in the 1st grade and that was about 50 years ago. It is a wonderous experience to learn how to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...