Saturday, April 17, 2010

What Took Us So Long?

If you've been here for a while you'll know that this Mommy is all about Disney! Well, it's official. Hannah will have had her Canadian Passport in hand for all of 17 days when her feet touch down on Disney soil for the very first time! Wheeee!!!




I woke up Tuesday morning and decided to just 'look' into the possibility of a trip this coming week. Heh, if you know me you know that 'looking' became an intense search with numerous windows flying open on my computer at the same time, trying to see if it was going to work out. Our first airline of choice was completely sold out but further searching quickly showed doable flight prices, availability where we wanted to stay and car rental costs that were manageable. Yeah!! Also, taking advantage of my sweetie still flying for free on a lap ticket.

What caused this sudden case of Mickey-itis? For one thing, it's a dream I've always had that when I was on maternity leave I thought it would be so cool to drop everything at a moment's notice and go on a vacation! The big incentive for the timing of this one is that the 3D Family will be in Orlando next week and since Daddy D is at conference all day, Mommy D and Baby D will be on their own to tour the town. I called her and asked if they'd like company and sure enough it all worked out!

The biggest challenge for myself is that we're going to be ohsoclose but not going to any Disney parks this trip. We're staying at Disney's Pop Century Resort and will spend lots of time visiting Downtown Disney but we're saving the parks for a very special visit this coming November when Hannah and I will be there with all 4 of her grandparents! Now that will be a trip to remember! One thing we will do though is find a place somewhere to enjoy Wishes fireworks from a distance. Even if we can't hear them or the music I know they will be worth going to see!

So, earrrrly Sunday morning (5:10am) Hannah and I fly off to Florida for a quick 4 day trip with wonderful friends! As much as spring is in full swing here at home and the weather is beautiful, there's nothing like a few days around Disney! Catch you when we get back and yes, I promise to inundate you with lots of pictures and stories of my beautiful Princess on her first Disney trip!

Hannah says, 'Sorry friends but I have to run! Mommy called and they had a last minute cancellation so Miss D and I are dining with Mickey Mouse Tuesday!'


I'm super excited that we're going to be able to meet Mickey even though we're not going to the parks! We'll see how Hannah does. Hopefully she likes the characters and if not then that's just fine too. We'll wave at them from a safe distance and keep moving. She's pretty adventurous though so I have a feeling she'll be just fine! See y'all soon!

14 comments:

  1. Have fun! I'm so jealous. I can't wait to take the boys to Disney someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! You girls will have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to the polynesian at night to watch the fireworks--PERFECT view--can see the castle from there, too. It's usually nice and peaceful--a perfect ending to a day. Also right around 10 (check that time--it changes) a parade of lit-up floats comes sailing by on the lagoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah, have a blast sweetheart. I know you will. Take lots and lots of pictures for Ilana, Sadie and me, Miss Lila.

    Hugs and Kisses,Miss Lila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go to the Grand Floridian. You can sit by the lagoon with the music piped in. We picked up dinner at the Self service counter and then sat at the tables outside and had a perfect view and NOT crowded. Have a ball.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whee!!! Have wonderful time with the 3D family! It has been a dream of mine to do Disney with Tate. Enjoy!

    When will u be at M3's? May Tate and I can fly out for a day or two?

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooops. my last post should have said MAYBE Tate and I ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! We are also leaving for Florida Saturday morning but are driving. Should be an adventure as it will be Ava's first road trip of long length. 2- 12 hour days could be hell but the holiday is worth it. We won't be doing Disney either Ava is only 20 months so a little too young to get the full effect. Hope you have a wonderful trip! We definitely will!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grand Floridian, down by Narcoosees. Great view for wishes. If you get there at the right time you will see the electric parade too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...